If you’re considering building a pool in Texas, you may be wondering how much it will cost. Knowing what expenses to expect and budgeting accordingly is important when deciding if a pool is the right choice for your backyard. The size, depth, shape, materials used, additional features like spas or waterfalls – all these things affect the total cost of building a pool in Texas. Furthermore, there are local regulations and other legal requirements that need to be taken into account before breaking ground on construction.
On average, the cost to build a pool will range anywhere from $30,000 to $100,000+. It’s all about what you’re wanting to get and how much you can affordably spend on your pool. The biggest factors are going to be material, size, your design, and some other administrative things (like dealing with your local laws). We also recommend adding in the cost of maintenance for your pool into your budget somehow because even if it’s small it will be there and shouldn’t be a surprise for you.
So How Much Does It Cost To Build Your Dream Pool in Texas?
Building your dream pool in Texas can be a reality (we know!). Whether you’re looking for an in-ground or above-ground swimming pool, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to design and installation. With the right planning, budgeting, and research, you’ll be able to find just what you need for your perfect backyard pool.
In our experience, we tell potential customers to budget at least $30,000 (if not more) for your dream pool since an average project will start at that. Of course, if you’re wanting more custom things for you pool and something like an outdoor living space to go with it – it makes sense to budget even more. Wondering how much that might be? Contact us today or call us now for a quote on your dream Texas pool.
Depending on the type of pool you want – such as an in-ground or above-ground pool – there will likely be different expenses related to its construction. This could include materials needed like concrete or steel reinforcements, labor fees, permits, landscaping additions or modifications, pumps & filtration systems and more. Knowing these expenses beforehand can help make sure that you have enough money available to cover everything and avoid any surprises along the way.
Extra Costs to Consider
It’s never ideal to have costs surprise you when it comes to building a new pool. That’s why we always recommend having a bit more budget for some extra things that might come up. What are some of the extra things to keep in mind and ask your builder? Here’s some of them we mention:
- Filtration system – sometimes pools can need an upgrade to their filtration system which might bump up the cost a little bit on the final price.
- LED Lighting (inside and outside the pool) – lighting is a great way to add a custom flare to your pool but can increase the cost by a tiny bit
- Heated pool – heating is great for your pool but heaters can add a few thousand onto your final price
- Diving boards, slides, and other features – this will be covered by your pool design but can add some extra onto your final price
- Fencing – some insurance providers will require fencing on your pool in Texas
- Insurance – last but not least, consider the insurance that you’ll be getting on your home especially when you have things like diving boards or slides
Decide How To Build Your Pool
The next step in building your dream pool is to decide how you will build it. There are two main types of pools: an in-ground pool and an above-ground pool. An in-ground pool requires more time, effort and money compared to an above-ground pool due to the excavation and construction needed for installation.
When considering either option, there are a few things to consider:
- Cost – In general, an in-ground pool costs significantly more than an above-ground pool because of the labor involved with digging out the ground and constructing the walls. However, both require significant investments so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Pool Contractors – Before diving into any project, it’s important that you research reputable contractors who can help you design and install your desired type of swimming pool. Make sure they have experience working on similar projects so that they can properly advise you throughout the process.
- Pool Designs – Once you’ve chosen between an in-ground or above-ground pool, look at different designs that may suit your lifestyle needs best. Some popular designs include infinity pools, traditional rectangular pools, plunge pools or even custom designed shapes!
No matter what kind of pool you choose to build, make sure that it fits within your budget and timeline before starting any major projects. Consider taking some extra time researching various options available as well as the pros and cons associated with each one before making a final decision. Also make sure you choose the right pool builder for you. There’s lots of options
Get The Best Price For Your Pool
To get an accurate estimate of the pool installation cost, you’ll need to find a reliable pool contractor who can provide an honest quote. You should also consider any additional costs like equipment and maintenance fees when calculating the total swimming pool construction expense.
It’s also possible to finance your pool the right way. Especially if you’re looking for a flexible way to build your pool based on price, pool financing can be the right way to go. In fact, we know the best way to finance a pool in Texas. It starts with knowing your budget, working with the right pool builder (who knows everything about your city and local laws), and choosing the right option for you and your family.
It’s important that you do thorough research on potential contractors before making a decision. Ask for references from friends or family members who have had their own pools built in Texas and compare services offered by different companies as well as prices. Before committing to anything, make sure that all details are clear between yourself and the pool builder so there won’t be any surprises once work begins. Once you’ve found a reputable contractor, negotiate with them over pricing to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible on your Texas pool prices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Building A Pool In Texas
How much does a 12×24 inground pool cost in Texas?
To give an idea of how much a 12×24 pool might cost in Texas, without knowing much more of course, would start between $30,000 and $70,000. Of course your size, design, and materials will greatly affect this cost. Based on the pools we’ve built that’s an accurate base level estimate for a pool that size in Texas.
How much does it cost to put a pool in your backyard in Texas?
Above ground pools will cost less at $5000-$15,000 and an inground pool will be between $30k – $100k to build one from scratch.
Does a pool add value to a home in Texas?
We see that our customers do increase their home value by about 5-10% after building their pool. Even more so when they have an outdoor living space that goes along with it.